January Wrap Up & Bookhaul

Hi Guys, *waves*

so January wasn't a good month reading wise, because it's literally exam time like throughout the whole month. But I'm studying to become a teacher and I choose two of the most intense majors (English & German) considering the actual studying I have to do for both of them. It's fun though, and I met nice people and learned a lot of new things, about others and about myself and what it actually means to be a teacher.  I don't regret choosing this path in my life and standing in front a bunch of kids and actually imparting my knowledge to them and just making a difference, regardless how small, is just the best feeling ever! :) 



So I kind of got off the track ... ah yes! My January wrap up! Well like I said, ... I didn't have much time because of all the studying but I managed to read 4 books and to start another one (me not finishing this one has more to do with the book then me studying ... more to this later) so *yay*. 
And here they are ..... 

1. "The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells


When the Time Traveller courageously stepped out of his machine for the first time, he found himself in the year 802,700--and everything has changed. In another, more utopian age, creatures seemed to dwell together in perfect harmony. The Time Traveller thought he could study these marvelous beings--unearth their secret and then retum to his own time--until he discovered that his invention, his only avenue of escape, had been stolen. H.G. Well's famous novel of one man's astonishing journey beyond the conventional limits of the imagination first appeared in 1895. It won him immediate recognition, and has been regarded ever since as one of the great masterpieces in the literature of science fiction.
Rating☆☆☆/☆☆☆☆☆

2. "Fairy Tales for Modern Queers" by Emily Reed 


Gay teenager Hart could finish his fairy tale for class if his horrible stepsiblings would stop harassing him. Talia’s depression is like a sleeping curse and may kill her if she doesn’t ask for help. Independent, overweight bisexual Sienna deals with her “nice guy” neighbor while visiting her grandmother. When a mysterious girl climbs up Rachael’s fire escape, Rachael might finally break free from her overprotective mother. Transgender Amelia is bullied regularly for her identity, but she’ll show everyone exactly who she is. Princess Rellyn must face down a dragon since she’s seventh in line and battle her father since she's not a boy, and she’s not sure which one is scarier. An adventurous knight whisks away genderfluid Noll when all they want is a quiet life on their farm. Mermaid Astrid wants revenge on the man who betrayed her, but is confused by her attraction to the one sailor immune to her song. Asexual Myka might love Princess Lysandria, but Myka must learn to control her inner werewolf before the king marries her off to “cure” her. With the help of a witch, blacksmith’s apprentice Malcolm must find his missing prince.
You’ve never heard stories like these at bedtime.
Rating☆☆☆/☆☆☆☆☆



3. "The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever" by Jeff Strand


The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever is so bad, it could wake the dead…

After producing three horror films that went mostly ignored on YouTube, Justin and his filmmaking buddies decide it's time to make something epic. In fact, they're going to make The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever. They may not have money or a script, but they have passion. And, after a rash text message, they also have the beautiful Alicia Howtz as the lead.

Hemmed in by a one-month timeline and a cast of uncooperative extras, but aching to fulfill Alicia's dreams, Justin must face the sad, sad truth: he may, in actuality, be producing The Worst Zombie Movie Ever.
Rating☆☆☆/☆☆☆☆☆




4. "Demon Princess" by Kassandra Lynn


With her father gone and her brother missing, Demon Princess Adriana has to assume the throne, temporarily becoming the Demon King. The procession is underway, and the princess is nervous yet determined … until the unthinkable happens and she is summoned! Somehow, Aldric, a mage-in-training has summoned the princess into the human kingdom. Now trapped, Adriana must hide her identity and escape before she loses her life in the hands of her mortal enemies.
Rating☆☆☆ (and a half)/☆☆☆☆☆





The book that I didn't get to finish and that I'm still reading (and struggling to finish) would be Redeemed (House of Night #12) by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast. By now, I'm just praying it to be over .... 




And here is my bookhaul, a total of 16 books. There won't be as many in February tho, since both my dad and my nephew have their birthdays then, but I already ordered "The Mark of Athena", so .... 


This was it for today :) I don't know if anyone actually looks at my blog, but if you do, I really appreciate it and pleaaaaaaaaase feel free to comment etc :)
bye bye!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.