Review - "Carry On"

"Carry On" by Rainbow Rowell 


Simon Snow is the worst chosen one who’s ever been chosen.

That’s what his roommate, Baz, says. And Baz might be evil and a vampire and a complete git, but he’s probably right.

Half the time, Simon can’t even make his wand work, and the other half, he sets something on fire. His mentor’s avoiding him, his girlfriend broke up with him, and there’s a magic-eating monster running around wearing Simon’s face. Baz would be having a field day with all this, if he were here—it’s their last year at the Watford School of Magicks, and Simon’s infuriating nemesis didn’t even bother to show up.

Carry On is a ghost story, a love story, a mystery and a melodrama. It has just as much kissing and talking as you’d expect from a Rainbow Rowell story—but far, far more monsters.





“He’s still looking in my eyes. Staring me down like he did that dragon, chin tilted and locked. “I’m not the Chosen One,” he says. I meet his gaze and sneer. My arm is a steel band around his waist. 
“I choose you,” I say. “Simon Snow, I choose you.”

Okay, this is the second book by Rainbow Rowell I’ve read, the first one being Fangirl so I’m quite familiar with Simon Snow and Baz Pitch. And I LOVED those little snippets of their story in Fangirl and when I found that Carry On was going to be about Simon and Baz I couldn’t WAIT to read it. So I pre-ordered the Paperback version but of course I couldn’t wait for it, and my friend Eni (you can follow her here: http://a-whole-bunch-of-pages.tumblr.com/ SHE IS AMAZING; she actually endured my whole after-midnight messages and emotional outbursts) borrowed me hers. Do be honest, I didn’t think much about it, I couldn’t IMAGINE how it would be like and I didn’t actually expect to end up loving it so much. This book is perfect. It is funny, it’s witty, it has some ridiculous dialogues (those where you randomly BURST out laughing), it has sassy characters (I think I will never forget about Baz), it also has an amazing female character who has no time for your shit (Penny), LGBT+ representative romance (yay) and so much more.
This is one of those books you can read again and again without getting fed up with it. It’s amazing and if you want a funny and unforgettable book to read  – THIS IS IT!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.