Review - "The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever"

"The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever"

by Jeff Strand 



The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever is so bad, it could wake the dead…

After producing three horror films that went mostly ignored on YouTube, Justin and his filmmaking buddies decide it's time to make something epic. In fact, they're going to make The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever. They may not have money or a script, but they have passion. And, after a rash text message, they also have the beautiful Alicia Howtz as the lead.

Hemmed in by a one-month timeline and a cast of uncooperative extras, but aching to fulfill Alicia's dreams, Justin must face the sad, sad truth: he may, in actuality, be producing The Worst Zombie Movie Ever.



First of all, I want to thank NetGalley and SOURCEBOOKS Fire for giving me the chance to sneak an early peek into this :)


"Name?"
"Chuck."
"Do you like zombie movies?" 
"The Walking Dead is my favorite show. I know it's not a movie but whatever." 
"That's fine."
"I saw Norman Reedus once." 
"Seriously?"
"Yeah. He was getting a few napkins from the napkin dispenser. I remember thinking. "Wow, that's Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead, and he has to get his own napkins." I would've thought he'd have someone to get them for him." 
"I guess he's down to earth." 
"I guess so. And it wasn't like he spilled something. It was just in case he needed to wipe his mouth. If I ever reach that level of fame, I'm totally making somebody wipe my mouth for me." 


Justin and his two friends, Gabe and Bobby decide, after several failures in filmmaking - to do something unforgettable. The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever. What could go wrong, right? 
Except of your lead actress beating up your soundguy, a clown sabotaging your scenes and the camera breaking to pieces - and all of this just on the first day of shooting! 

This is my first read of Strand's and the moment I read the fist line of this book (not even the actual story but like literally the first line) it had me laughing. It was such an easy and incredibly fun read and I just simply couldn't put it down (except occasionally for human needs like you know studying and stuff). The characters were incredibly relatable (especially the sleep deprivation - oh the agony!) and I liked them really much, despite their craziness and eccentricity. Four stars out of five. I can't wait to read more by Jeff Strand! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.