Review - "Twelfth Night At Eyre Hall"

Previously .... 


"All Hallows at Eyre Hall" (The Eyre Hall Trilogy #1) by Luccia Gray 


Rediscover the world of Jane Eyre...

Twenty-two years after her marriage to Edward Rochester, Jane is coping with the imminent death of her bedridden husband - and the revelation of his unspeakable secrets.

Richard Mason has returned, instigating a sequence of events which will expose Rochester’s disloyalty to Jane, his murderous plots, and innumerable other sins. Drawn into a complex conspiracy, everything Jane holds dear is threatened. Who was the man she thought she loved? What is she prepared to do to safeguard her family and preserve her own stability?


Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆/☆☆☆☆☆

(my review for this is on goodreads!) 



"Twelfth Night at Eyre Hall" (The Eyre Hall Trilogy #2) by Luccia Gray 




Following Edward Rochester’s death, Jane Eyre, who has been blackmailed into marrying a man she despises, will have to cope with the return of the man she loved and lost. The secrets she has tried so hard to conceal must be disclosed, giving rise to unexpected events and more shocking revelations.
Relive the mystery and magic of Jane Eyre. Action and adventure will unfold in an absorbing narrative, which will move the action from the Yorkshire countryside, to Victorian London, and across the Atlantic Ocean to Colonial Jamaica.









First of all, I would like to thank Luccia Gray for giving me the opportunity to read "Twelfth Night at Eyre Hall" in advance and for enduring my outbursts and reactions to the story on Twitter (you should follow her @LucciaGray, btw. She is awesome), but ... I just couldn't help myself.

I'm just ... this story is just ... damn. I'm at a loss for words, which, never happens. Seriously, if I'm passionate about something I won't stop even if you tell me to shut up, you could gag me with a sock, and I'd probably still try to talk about stuff. That's why my mom always tells me I'd make a great politician, because I never give other's the chance to speak - I don't know if this is supposed to be a compliment, but jokes on you mother! I'm becoming a teacher instead :p

Jokes aside ... let's get back to business ----

Okay, when a new-ish author publishes a book and it happens to be phenomenal, .... well, the sequel tends to be ... the opposite. You know, because sometimes, sometimes it's just luck, sometimes authors write sequels, although the story is pretty much over and done with. But Luccia Gray did the impossible, her sequel to "All Hallows at Eyre Hall" is even better (yes you read right) than book #1.

I was on the edge all the time (which is seriously not recommendable, I actually fell off my bed and I have several bruises to prove this), had probably several severe heart attacks, cursed like a sailor a couple of times (damn you, John, damn you!) - which almost gave my mother a heart attack (sorry mom),  I cried (and cried and cried), didn't give a damn about my non-existent sleeping schedule and cried some more.
The writing was so on point, Charlotte Brontë is probably doing the happy dance right now (you can be proud CB, your legacy lives on), the characterization was amazing as always (Michael, Michael, MICHAEL) and the plot line was captivating and engaging and heart-wrenching *insert some more adjectives to describe how amazing this is*

So, Luccia Gray, I applaud you. You did an amazing job, and I cannot wait to read the finale. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I love it when the younger generation enjoys my novels. The future is in your hands. Thank you for reading, reviewing and sharing��❤����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I love it when the younger generation enjoys my novels. The future is in your hands. Thank you for reading, reviewing and sharing��❤����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank YOU for giving me the opportunity to read it! I've enjoyed it so much and I'm really looking forward to the finale. I can't wait to see where the story takes Jane & Michael and the others :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.