Review - "Captain America: Sub Rosa"


"Marvel's Captain America: Sub Rosa" by David McDonald


Frozen in a state of suspended animation since the end of the Second World War, Captain America is a man out of time. But now freed from his frozen slumber, he's back in the nick of time and ready to face threats that couldn't have been imagined when the world had last seen him. Joe Books brings Marvel fans an all-new adventure featuring a classic superhero.




       
*I received a digital copy of this book through NetGalley for an honest review*

          

Okay, I was quite surprised how much I actually enjoyed this. Because, I actually expected to not like it. I mean - I only know Cap either from the Comics or from MCU. So reading a Cap "novel" seemed weird to me. 

But let's talk about the plot first: 

Maria Hill, everyone's favorite S.H.I.E.L.D agent approaches Steve Rogers and tells him to protect her niece Katherine. Katherine is currently on the run from various opponents since her research could change the world. Meanwhile, Maria is trying to find the source of corruption, which is thought to be an important member of S.H.I.E.L.D. Cap & Katherine are pretty much on the run through the whole story, fighting their way out of impossible situations and generally just being badass. 

I know the story is just meh and the characterization of Cap & Maria were kinda off, in my opinion. But the story gave me all the feels and made me want to rewatch all the Captain America movies - which I did eventually. 

The writing was okay, the dialogue was okay as well. I liked the fighting scenes best (as always). So I'm giving this 3 stars because Steve/Cap is my favorite and everything that has to do with him just makes me emotional. So yeah, 3 Stars! 




   

Title: Marvel's Captain America: Sub Rosa

Author: David McDonald 

Pub. Date: June 21st 2016

Pages: 240

Publisher: Joe Books Inc.  

ISBN: 9781772752014

Genre:  YA; Action; 












0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.