Top 10 Favorite Characters (TV Shows Edition)

I decided to introduce you guys to my (currently) Top 10 Characters from different TV shows I watch! This is not based on their actions or accomplishments etc. (at least not only), but these are simply characters I find interesting and complex :)

So here we gooo! Except number 1 ... the others are in no particular order :)

1. Bellamy Blake

show: The 100
played by Bob Morley

Bellamy Blake has to be one of the most complex characters I know. He starts off as this antagonistic guy, but later changes - and this on his own! He realizes the mistakes he's made and tries to deal with the things he has done. Since he was six years old, his whole life has been about protecting his half-sister and taking care of her. He is insanely loyal, brave and does everything it takes to protect the people he cares about. But there's so much more about him that I simply don't know how to put in words. He is the reason why I kept watching the show and he is the reason I cannot let go of it, despite certain circumstances. Damn you, Bellamy Blake. You will always hold a special place in my heart. And I will always love you.



2. Isabelle Lightwood

show: Shadowhunters 
played by Emeraude Toubia


Like Bellamy, Izzy is one loyal and would do anything for her family. Not only does she kick some serious ass - but she is also the best forensic pathologist in New York! She is not afraid to speak her mind and stand up for her point of view. She feels comfortable in her own skin and is overall such an empowering female character. 
I was pretty impartial towards her character in the books and I didn't like her in the movie, but the TV-show took this whole concept and created an incredible, that I look up to. (yes, you can do that with fictional characters as well).


3. Raven Reyes

show: The 100
played by Lindsey Morgan

Raven Reyes. Badass Latina (like Izzy) and the sun of my universe. She is strong. She is brave. She is loyal. And she is freakishly smart. She is the youngest Zero-G-Mechanic in 52 years. She re-built a freaking pod and used it to go to earth on her own. She built radios out of literally nothing. She can make weapons out of everything. She survived a bullet that hit her in the back. She underwent surgery - without anesthetics. And she keeps on fighting although she'll probably won't be able to use her leg like she used to. She is a fighter and she is a survivor. And she is so much more than that.



4. Emma Swan
show: Once Upon A Time 
played by Jennifer Morrison 

Okay, I'm getting quite repetitive. But obviously, I have a type. Like the ones mentions above, Emma Swan will always do what it takes to protect the ones she loves. Despite her struggles in the past, things that you can't just overcome easily - she didn't let it change her. She drew strength from it and became an incredibly loyal and loving person. And she never gives up. She always finds a way to deal with things - even if they seem impossible. Emma is also kicks ass and is smart and doesn't take shit from anyone - she is simply amazing.




5. Killian Jones/Captain Hook 

show: Once Upon A Time
played by Colin O'Donoghue




Now I think some might notice the pattern here. Killian kind of reminds me of Bellamy, in the sense of is troublesome past. Like Bellamy, Killian lost his parents at a very young age and like Bellamy he had a sibling, with whom he has a strong connection. 

This familial relationship as well as strong sense of protective instinct and loyalty towards his loved ones are some of the things I love about Killian Jones. 

And of course his charm and sassiness, I mean c'mon. Look at that face! 




6. Marinette Dupain-Cheng/Ladybug

show: Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir 

Marinette is my biracial badass cupcake. Normal girl by day and kickass superhero .. also by day. Marinette is a mess, basically. She is clumsy and awkward, always late and has a huge crush on one of her classmates. She is also loyal and will always do whatever it takes for the ones in need. She will protect you, not only with her strength and her powers, but also with her whole being. She is so damn relatable and I'm really grateful, that little girls (and boys) have this amazing character and hero they can look up to. I'm 22 and I want to be like her when I grow up.


7. Clarke Griffin 

show: The 100
played by Eliza Taylor


Now Clarke is someone who is quite different than the ones already mentioned. In the sense that ... she is sometimes quite ruthless. Clarke is more the brain in the story. She is imperfect ... and that's okay.She doesn't let herself be led by her emotions. Which can sometimes end in a ...not so good way. Yet she fights for what she thinks is right. Which is one of the things I like about her. But nevertheless, she is brave and badass and bi. You know all the good things.  


8. Rae Earl

show: My Mad Fat Diary
played by Sharon Rooney


If there's any character that is most  like me .. it would probably be Rae. All her insecurities and issues - everything she says and does - I can relate to that. To basically everything. She is not the conventional female character you usually have in TV shows and I fucking love her for that. Because for the first time in forever, there is this one character I can 100% relate to - not just some aspects or traits - but just wholeheartedly. Rae is strong in her own sense. She does the most important thing anyone can do - she chooses herself. She chooses her own happiness. I love her so much. 


9. Jace Lightwood/Wayland/Morgenstern/Herondale

show: Shadowhunters
played by Dominic Sherwood

There is a lot of people who dislike Jace Lightwood (yes, Lightwood, always & forever) for whatever reason. But I remember reading the books and liking him the best - despite his issues and his problematic-ness. 
I find him relatable. I see parts of myself in him. And I like him. And I don't really care that there's people who don't. There's enough love in me to make it up. He is an abuse victim and people seem to forget that. They call it "manpain" when he shows an ounce of emotion. Or they call him boring. Nothing he does can make him look good in the eyes of the haters. But opinions differ, so yeah, I love Jace Lightwood. 


10. Lincoln 

show: The 100
played by Ricky Whittle

Lincoln is someone who has been fighting for his place in the world his whole life. Unlike his people, Lincoln is peaceful and tries to understand other people. He fights for the right things - and not often goes against his people's beliefs. This inevitably makes him the outcast. 

Lincoln is someone I look up to. He tries to always do the right thing - and not just because he is told to it. And I admire and love him for that. 

Unfortunately, he is one of the many characters on the show who's been sidelined in order to carry on another character's story. But no matter what, I will never forget about Lincoln.











PS: I probably have tons more, but these are some of the characters I like the most and relate to the most. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.