Review - "Crossing in Time"

"Crossing in Time" (Between Two Evils #1) by D.L. Orton 

Remember How It Feels to Fall in Love?

Race against the clock through a dystopian nightmare. Climb naked into an untested time machine (carrying only a seashell and a promise). Wake up twenty years younger on a tropical beach, buck naked and mortally wounded, with your heart in your throat. 

This is a journey of love, loss, and redemption that will make your pulse gallop and your palms sweat, have you laughing out loud through your tears, and leave you flush with the sublime pleasure of falling in love.



         
*I received a digital copy of this book for an honest review*
*my opinion is my own tho* 


     

Unfortunately, I have been in a reading slump since Uni started - which probably is the reason for said reading slump. So this is basically the reason why this took me so long. I received "Crossing in Time" as an Ebook through Twitter and to be honest, I had never heard of it before so I was quite intrigued and obviously, went into this pretty much blind. 

"Crossing in Time" starts with Diego and Isabel, who meet again after 15 years and the world basically explodes. After this life-changing event, these two rekindle and settle down. But life is not as bright as it seems because it is pretty much on the brink of apocalypse. Add some time travelling and black holes and a lot of physics and voilá you get an awesome Doctor-Who-ish love story! 
The story is told from the POV of three main characters - Diego, Isabel and Matt, who are all connected to saving the world from its demise. But if they actually manage to do so - well, it ends on a cliffhanger so we all gotta read the sequel!!!! (AHHHHHH!!) 



Because of the multiple timelines, I had my difficulties getting into the story, if I'm being honest, and the world building fell kinda "flat" because a lot of things were left unanswered. But the more you kept on reading, the more questions were answered (although not all of them) and the different timelines got me confused a lot. But maybe it was because it took me so long due to my reading slump.

Nevertheless, I really really enjoyed the story and the characters. I loved their relationships and interactions. I also love the fact that Matt is gay and Diego is a POC, because I'm always up for that! Like give me more representation (hell knows how much we need it in media!). I also enjoyed the little references that are strewn around the whole story and more than one head me cracking up. 
It also made me cry and every book that makes me cry, I consider to be a good one! 

I recommend this book to everyone who wants to read about time-travel and love that manages to survive beyond time. I know I liked it and I can't wait to read the second book (because DAMN THAT CLIFFHANGER Y'ALL)!! 

      

Title: Crossing in Time (Between Two Evils #1)

Author: D.L. Orton  

Pub.Date: May 1st 2015

Pages: 341

Publisher: Rocky Mountain Press

ISBN: 9781941368008

Genre: Science-Fiction, Time Travel, Romance


















2 comments:

  1. Gracias for reading, Claire! I really appreciate the review and the tweets. 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for giving me a chance to read it! I enjoyed it very much and already added the sequel to my TBR-List!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.