Life Update Part II & UNI TBR

Hi, hello, what's up!



So school is pretty draining lately. Lots of exams coming up and papers to turn in ... Unfortunately, I also haven't had any time to read something from my regular TBR. And this is due to a class I have this semester which focuses on avant-garde, modernism, the Weimar republic, holocaust and post-war literature in Austria. We have a mile-long reading list and since I'm at uni til late evenings my time is also limited. I'm also studying two major subjects so additionally there's even more work I need to do. Long story short, the only reading I've been doing lately is for class only. I still have 6 books I need to read for that German class I mentioned above and a couple of short stories for an English one. Plus essays and stuff. And January is pretty much exam season. And I also have been working for one of my professors. Basically, I have been pretty busy/ I am pretty busy ... 
I just wanted to inform you guys that you shouldn't expect anything from me this month, because it will be pretty much impossible for me to do anything not school related. Buuut ... I will dive into my normal reading in February and you can expect a lot from me then! 

Lots of love, 
xo

So here's my TBR for the German class: 

And these are the short stories I have to read for my English class (crossed out the ones I've already read) : 

  • Rip Van Winkle - W. Irving
  • The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - W. Irving
  • Young Goodman Brown - N. Hawthorne
  • The Tell-Tale Heart - E. A. Poe
  • The Cask of Amontillado - E.A. Poe
  • Bartleby, The Scrivener - H. Melville 
  • Desiree's Baby - Kate Chopin 
  • The Story of an Hour - Kate Chopin 
  • The Open Boat - Stephen Crane 








^^^
Still to read: 
  • Der Weg ins Freie (The Road into the Open) - A. Schnitzler
  • Die heilige Johanna der Schlachthöfe (Saint Joan of the Stockyards) - B. Brecht
  • Im Westen nichts Neues - (All Quiet on the Western Front) - E. M. Remarque 
  • Die Schildkröten - (The Tortoises) - Veza Canetti 
  • Tauben im Gras - (Pigeons on the Grass) - W. Koeppen
  • Billard um halb Zehn - (Billiards at Half-Past Nine) - H. Böll
  • Homo Faber - (Homo Faber) - M. Frisch

1 comments:

  1. Have you finished all of these already Claire? Ugh they're so many! I hope you somehow enjoyed them 😅 I'm also having the same thing in uni. I need to be with my Economics books most of the time. Hope you'll find some time to read YA or anything you want that is not connected with acads 😂💕

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.